NEW TO UF beginning in the 2019 Admissions season is the requirement for applicants to complete CASPer® U.S. Professional Health Sciences test, a situational judgement test and general screening for personal/professional characteristics. The test takes 60 – 90 minutes to complete. Please visit the CASPer® website https://takecasper.com/about-casper/ for details.
NOTE: Reporting of scores to UF will take 3 weeks. The earlier you complete CASPer®, the better. As noted on CASPA, we will not review applications until the CASPer score is reported to us.
In conjunction with UF’s preferred August 1 application deadline, the following CASPer® test dates are preferable:
May 14, 2019, 8 pm
June 2, 2019, 2 pm
June 13, 2019, 8 pm
June 25, 2019, 5 pm, 8 pm
The following CASPer® test dates are acceptable but less preferable, because UF can not complete review of your application until CASPer® scores are received:
July 7, 2019, 2 pm, 5 pm
July 18, 2019, 5 pm, 8 pm
July 30, 2019, 5 pm, 8 pm
Applications to the UF School of Physician Assistant Studies must be made through the Central Application Service for PAs (CASPA): https://caspa.liaisoncas.com.
Components of the CASPA application include the following:
- General Information
- Patient Care Experience
- Work Experience
- Narrative Statement
CASPA Application Fee
The fee for utilizing the CASPA application service is $177 for the first application. Each additional program designation costs $51, and must be paid before CASPA will permit application.
UF Application Fee
The fee for applying to the University of Florida is $30 and is non-refundable. Please be aware that if paying by credit card, a $7.00 service fee will be added automatically for a total application fee of $37.00.
A supplemental application to the University of Florida must be completed BEFORE submission of the CASPA application. (http://www.admissions.ufl.edu)
- Click the “Apply” tab at the very top of the page.
- Choose the “Professional” program heading from the menu. BE SURE TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT PROGRAM HEADING.
- Choose the “Apply” button at the top of the page. Follow instructions for creating your account then complete the Online Application being sure to complete all sections
- When asked to choose your Program of Study you will click on the “Show All Programs” button. Scroll down to choose Physician Assistant. A box will appear to select the term. Please choose “Summer B 2020”.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- After paying the fee and submitting the application, print the application summary — KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS!!
- Upload a copy of your completed UF supplemental application to your CASPA application in the “Other” section of Program Documents.
**You will not be able to submit your CASPA application without the Supplemental Application uploaded to your CASPA Program Documents Section**
- Re-applicants must complete a new application and pay the $30 application fee again.
All applicants must meet the GRE requirement by submitting scores from the GRE General Test (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections).Scores must be receive as Official in CASPA on or before September 1, 2019. Note: Information on Testing sites and times is available at www.gre.org. On test day, use 0427 for the Institution Code. Applications received without official GRE scores in CASPA on or before September 1, 2019 will be considered incomplete.